Friday, July 12, 2013

Fitness Friday–Week 2

I can’t believe it’s Friday already! Ahh.

Okay so my goals from last week:

1. Do 2 yoga videos from youtube ((yeah… ummm didn’t happen….))

2. Go to zumba with mom on Thursday and Saturday. ((I did go with mom thursday, and it’s not saturday yet))

3. Take the dog(s) for a walk 2 times ((fail))

Mom and I did go to Zumba at the Jacksonville Community Center with Kim on Thursday (yesterday). It was a bit scary. The instructor, who rocks, was sick so she didn’t talk at all – I don’t know if this is normal or not… It was hard to follow along with some things because I don’t know how to dance. at. all. The time went by fairly quickly…. except… those last 10 minutes. Oh man, those last 10 minutes. They’ll get you! My knee started to burn a little. My throat was so dry from breathing heavy.

I definitely plan on going tomorrow and again next Thursday. With two bottles of water this time… or just a bigger cup. And I also will not stand directly in front of the door, with a window, to the basketball court, full of people. That was embarrassing.

This week I also redownloaded My Fitness Pal app on my phone. There have been a lot of updates since I last used it! I like it a lot. My favorite part so far: I can set up a reminder after each meal to log my calories. I have a bad habit of not thinking about what I am eating. Seeing the calories there on the screen, adding up really fast… it’s an eye opener!

 

Goals for this week:

1. Zumba: Saturday and Thursday

2. Log every meal with MFP. Drink only water during the day at work/lunch. Eat better breakfasts. Only one non water drink at dinner. (I love my sweet tea and I know trying to cut out all soda/tea is too hard for me right now, I’ll try to cut it all out in a few weeks maybe).

3. Take Uno for a walk. A nice mile. Last time we did more than a mile I had to pick the poor pup up and put him in the car and he didn’t move the whole way home. So just a mile for me and Uno-buno.

Bonus: do a yoga video for flexibility.

 

signature_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment